- Passengers who are foreigners within the framework of international treaties to which Vietnam is a member or are citizens of countries with visa-free policies on the basis of reciprocity with Vietnam (including ASEAN countries) are exempt from visas upon entry.
- Passengers who are citizens of the following countries, when entering Vietnam with a temporary stay of 15 days from the date of entry, regardless of passport type, entry purpose, on the basis of satisfying all conditions will be exempt from visas: Federal Republic of Germany, Republic of France, Republic of Italy, Kingdom of Spain, Union of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Russian Federation, Japan, Korea, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland and Belarus. This regulation is valid from March 15, 2022 to the end of March 14, 2025.
- Foreigners, overseas Vietnamese and their families (relatives) who have all valid documents (permanent residence card, temporary residence permit, visa, visa waiver) are allowed to enter Vietnam. Passengers specified above do not need to re-apply for separate personnel verification, visa issuance/visa waiver, and there is no need to apply for entry permit approval from the Immigration Office and the relevant local authorities.
- Passengers must have a negative test result for SARS-CoV-2 (except for children under 2 years old) before departure within 72 hours if using RT-PCR/RT-LAMP method or within 24 hours if using the rapid antigen test method for SARS-CoV-2 and certified by the competent authority of the country performing the test.
- Within 10 days from the date of entry, passengers self-monitor their health. If you have symptoms of SARS-CoV-2 infection (fever; cough; sore throat; runny nose, stuffy nose; body aches, fatigue, chills; decreased or lost taste; decreased or lost sense of smell; pain, headache; diarrhea; difficulty breathing; respiratory infection...) must immediately notify the nearest medical facility for guidance and timely management; take preventive measures: regularly wear a mask, disinfect hands with an antiseptic solution.
Passengers entering Vietnam are not required to make a medical declaration from April 27, 2022.